Camp Brochure for 2016 Sessions 1 and 2 are full!
Payments for Camp may be submitted below:
Join us for a fun packed summer class!
- Each class limited to 12 students, ensures individual attention
- Learn the basics of training an assistance dog to one day work with a person with a disability.
- Hands-on training with dogs
- Teach your dog to read – yes, READ!
- Take responsibility for another living being
- Learn what makes a good assistance dog
- Experience the unconditional love of a Golden Retriever or Labrador Retriever
- Learn dog training methodology
- Learn about the psychology of dogs and people
- Learn how dogs – and people – learn, process new information and develop and refine new skills
- Learn about the sociology of dogs and people, including pack behavior and synchronization concepts
- Gain disability awareness, which includes the use of a wheelchair as understanding for and the perspective of individuals with disabilities
- Teaching methodologies that are relevant to managing people
- Have a great time! Meet new people and make new friends!